This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Where is Nito.Communication source!? It is missing in 58765!

Dec 12, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Hi all, what happened to the Nito.Communication class? I tried to rebuild my project using the latest source 58765 but the communication class is completely gone and am unable to build a working product anymore! Can anyone help to point me to where i can find the latest functioning source? Thanks in advance

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM

The Nito.Communication project and namespace has been moved to the new Nito.Communication project: http://nitocommunication.codeplex.com/

This transition took place at checkin 57329.

I do not recommend using the source at this point; there's a pretty decent-sized redesign taking place that is nowhere near complete yet. Due to day job and family responsibilities, I've been unable to complete the first release of Nito.Communication at this point in time, and the first release looks like it's weeks (if not months) away.

Note that the last released version of Nito.Async (1.4) included Nito.Async.Sockets (but not SerialPort), which contains the same basic functionality of the Nito.Communication source. No major bugs have been fixed (there was only one bug found: it affects very large socket writes on older platforms - so far, that is the only known bug in Nito.Async 1.4, and it has never been reported in production).

-Steve