Version 1.4 has three major changes:
- ActionThread. This long-requested component combines an ActionDispatcher with a specific Thread to provide an event-based loop running on a dedicated thread capable of owning Event-Based Asynchronous Programming objects.
- Unit tests. In all, 234 unit tests now cover 100% of the code (and it is believed 100% of the functionality) of Nito.Async.dll. (Note: Nito.Async.Sockets.dll is not unit tested).
- Example code. Several of the more commonly-used types now have example code built in to the documentation (with the exception of Nito.Async.Sockets.dll). In addition, the socket example code has been merged into this project.
There are many smaller changes as well:
- Publisher policy files have been added for developers wishing to deploy to the GAC.
- Source-indexed PDB files are included for ease of debugging.
- Brought Nito.Async.dll code into line with StyleCop standards.
The unit testing did uncover a small, obscure bug in CallbackContext when delegates were bound to a synchronization object. That bug has been fixed in this release. Note that this bug was never observed in production code.